We Keep Our Neighbors In Their Homes
Our mission is to save our neighbors from homelessness
Housing and Community Services of Northern Virginia (HCSNV) helps our neighbors hold onto their homes by offering:
- Housing counseling and case management.
- Emergency assistance. We provide financial assistance for rent, mortgage and utility payments.
- Financial literacy training.
- Community outreach.
- Housing search / affordable housing locator. We publish a weekly housing vacancy list of the most affordable rentals in Northern Virginia.
- Referrals to other community services.
- Other services that help our clients achieve a sustainable, stable, decent housing situation.
In Northern Virginia, the heart of one of America’s richest regions, low and moderate-income families are struggling to hold on to their homes. The current economic crisis has made employee layoffs and bare-bones family budgets routine. HCSNV empowers these families to become self sufficient by providing the training and resources they need to achieve and maintain a stable housing situation.
We have a proven track record
Since 1985, HCSNV has helped more than 10,000 families achieve self-sufficiency.
We speak your language!
HCSNV staff can speak English, Spanish and Twi (Ghana).
We need your help!
We need your donations to enable us to survive and continue our work of community building. Your donation to HCSNV can help to prevent homelessness in Fairfax County.