The mission of Housing and Community Services of Northern Virginia, Inc. (HCSNV) is to provide housing-related and other community services and advocate the need for affordable, decent and accessible housing to improve the quality of life and promote self-sufficiency for households in need. Established in 1994, HCSNV provides homeless prevention services to communities throughout Fairfax County.
Presently there’s one opening you may be interested in. Don’t let time pass you by!
|Job Title||Organization||Job Location||Company URL||Salary Range|
|Administrative Assistant||Housing Community Services of Northern Virginia||Springfield, Virginia||http://www.hcsnv.org/||Salary Range : Volunteer Opportunity|
Housing Community Services of Northern Virginia (HCSNV) seeks an Administrative Assistant. Volunteering for HCSNV gives you the unique opportunity to “roll up your sleeves” and work on active projects while developing real-world skills that will apply directly to your future career and/or to make contributions to our business processes while gaining valuable insight and experience. HCSNV is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our programs and services.
For about 20 years, HCSNV has advocated for Northern Virginians. The mission of Housing and Community Services of Northern Virginia, Inc. (HCSNV) is to provide housing-related and other community services and advocate the need for affordable, decent and accessible housing to improve the quality of life and promote self-sufficiency for households in need. Established in 1994, HCSNV provides homeless prevention services to communities throughout Fairfax County.
The Administrative Assistant will perform administrative and clerical duties for HCSNV and the department manager. Work assignments are semi-complex in nature and considerable judgment is required in resolving problems.
- Assists with initiating, organizing, completing department projects.
- Answers phones and takes and delivers messages, provides information to callers as needed and appropriate and answers questions for callers.
- Sets up and maintains department files.
- Maintains supervisors calendar and makes arrangements for meetings as necessary.
- Prepares and sorts mail.
- Performs typing assignments and proofreads all work, drafts letters on behalf of the supervisor and maintains and updates databases and spreadsheets as needed.
- Operates automated office equipment.
- Determines new procedures for department as necessary.
- Provides and maintains department office supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm
- Operate a word processor and a computer
- Effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements
2-3 years office experience preferred.
For best consideration, please apply by Monday, July 25, 2011. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references. Please include your complete mailing address on your resume. Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. Please send all inquiries to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, disability or political affiliation.