How to Get Help
In danger of losing your home because of failure to keep current with mortgage payments or rent? HCSNV can help!
We give eligible individuals and families the coaching they need to manage their housing situation effectively. We teach people how to overcome a housing crisis and achieve financial self-sufficiency.
To obtain help from HCSNV, you must:
- Be in imminent danger of losing your home;
- Be in a financial crisis due to an unavoidable circumstance;
- Have exhausted your own financial resources;
- Have a willingness to become self-sufficient;
- Meet low and moderate income guidelines; and
- Reside in our service area within Fairfax County, Virginia.
Referrals for short- and long-term case management services must come from Fairfax County’s Coordinated Services Planning (CSP) office. Contact CSP at 703-222-0880 or at 703-631-3366 for Spanish.
The intake process includes talking with prospective participants, verifying family composition, existing housing situation, employment history, personal income, and other factors to determine need and eligibility for service. If a client is eligible for our services, a referral is made to HCSNV.
HCSNV is an equal opportunity service provider and does not discriminate in its provision of services based on race, color, nationality, religion, sex, familial status or handicapping condition.